The goal of the Be2Live Student Leadership Academy is to equip students with resources that will allow them to thoughtfully assess who they are, critically evaluate the world’s greatest needs, and effectively lead others to make a vital difference in their schools, communities, & world.
The focus of the 2016 – 2017 Student Leadership Academy will be to help students discover who they are as individuals and as leaders so they can better serve their peers, schools, and communities.
Students will create a leadership profile by completing personal development exercises such as the Enneagram and StrengthsFinder 2.0 while diving into social injustices in our world and participating in service projects at their schools and the North Bay area.
Open to high school students who have attended at least one Mexico trip and have a desire to learn and develop their personal leadership skills through activities that align with the focus of Be2Live. Students must be willing to allow themselves to be stretched personally and be able to commit to the meeting schedule.
What will be covered?
– Discuss Leadership styles, looking at the life of Jesus and how he treated others as a model for servant leadership.
– Help students discover their own unique leadership gifts through various activities and leadership gift assessments.
– Provide tasks and opportunities for students to explore and exercise their leadership gifts in the context of a non-profit organization.
– Assisting Be2Live to identify and developing a relationship with an organization that we can partner with long term by serving them at different times throughout the year.
What is required?
– Open communication between students/parents about the topics discussed and events.
– Semi-monthly meetings: Students will be expected to attend 9 of 12 meetings. If they don to meet this threshold, they will not receive a certificate of completion. Additionally, if a student will not be able to attend an upcoming meeting, it is their responsibility to contact Phil or Mindy at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
– Participation in local service projects and other group Leadership Academy projects.
Be2Live Leadership Academy Fee – $200
– $100 will be due at the time of the first Fall meeting with the remaining $100 due at the time of the first Spring meeting.
Registration or information – For more information, please contact Phil Steiner (415.798.1841) or Mindy Steiner (415.798.1837) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.